Rhythm Kids Online (44 seconds) from Wendy DeAngelis on Vimeo.
12 week Elephant Session Begins Tues., Jan. 5, 2021! Registration Contact Us Tell a Friend to schedule a free trial class
Rhythm Kids Online
is segmented into two programs, one for children ages 4–6 (Rhythm Kids Level 1) and the other for children in Kindergarten, first, and second grades 6-8 (Rhythm Kids Level 2) . Both are designed to help children integrate and assimilate rhythm, and include:
- Learning multicultural drumming patterns in unique animal-themed groupings
- Developing new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- Exploring movement and dance while singing songs
- Playing games based on music and drumming
- Excellent for your child's social emotional learning and confidence
The Voice, The Body & The Drum
Although we typically bring African djembe drums to class, Rhythm Kids is way more than just a drumming class as our main focus is to develop rhythm using the voice, the body and the instrument. Classes include singing, movement, rhythm activities, games, improvisation, and drumming patterns. Children learn and experience the drum patterns in chant form first and then transfer that learning into drumming and movement, some of which is based on traditional folk dance. Classes include activities and instrument play that allow children to create and express themselves through music and movement, multicultural rhythm patterns (patterns based on cultural music), songs from around the world and music-based games and activities.
About the Rhythms
Rhythm Kids is a three-year curriculum and the rhythm patterns taught in our classes are adapted from cultures all around the world including; Ghana, Puerto Rico, Morocco, Mali, Guinea, Columbia, Senegal, Nigeria and many others. The benefits of music in a child's life are long lasting and we hope our classes will bring music and happiness to your child, to your family and to your community for many, many years!
12 Week Fall session Tuition: $295.00
- One family household fee including materials
- 12 weeks of One-30 min. live interactive Zoom class
- 12 weeks of One-15 min. pre-recorded class to watch as often as you like
- Weekly ideas for continued music making at home